The Long Run
Terms and Conditions
The Long Run (the ‘Event’) is an initiative of Prostate Cancer Foundation of Australia (“PCFA”) to raise funds to support men and their families impacted by prostate cancer.
The Event opens on 3 August 2020 and ends on 16 October 2020.
By registering for the Event, the participant or the parent/guardian of a participant under 18 years, acknowledges and agrees to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
- The decision to participate in the Event is entirely your own and you take full responsibility for any consequence of your participation in the Event for yourself and/or your participants.
- Any content you post to the website (e.g. photos and text) is your responsibility, and you must have the necessary rights to post that content (including the consent of others who feature in the content). PCFA retains the right to delete any content posted.
- You acknowledge that PCFA reserves the right to amend the Terms and Conditions of the Event at any time.
- You acknowledge that by registering for the Event, you pledge to raise funds for PCFA to support men and their families impacted by prostate cancer.
- All fundraising conducted for this Event comes under PCFA’s authority to fundraise in the respective State or Territory in Australia and you agree to be bound by the relevant state and national fundraising legislation and abide by PCFA’s general Community Fundraising Guidelines.
- PCFA can refund a donation made in error. If you wish to request a refund, please contact PCFA via firstname.lastname@example.org.
- PCFA respects and is committed to protecting the privacy of the personal information it collects.
- PCFA will collect your personal information and any other information you may volunteer (such as your experience or involvement with prostate cancer) so that we can: administer and conduct the Event including sending you prizes, if you
are eligible and win (see Prizes); and keep you informed about PCFA, its fundraising activities and the important work you are supporting.
- PCFA may use your image, name and challenge result in any promotion relating to this Event, including in the Leaderboards and/or on the Event website.
- You must be registered to The Long Run to be eligible for any prizes.
- You must reach specified fundraising milestones to be eligible to receive these prizes:
- Raise $100 – receive a limited edition The Long Run water bottle (limited to the first 250 who reach this milestone and provide an address)
- Prizes cannot be redeemed or exchanged for any other products.
Authority to Fundraise
Agreement to these terms and conditions gives the registered The Long Run participant authority to fundraise in support of the work of Prostate Cancer Foundation of Australia (PCFA) for the following fundraising event:
Event: The Long Run
Date of Event: 3 August – 16 October 2020
Dates of fundraising authority: 3 August – 16 October 2020
Thank you for having a go and helping change the lives of Australian men and their loved ones who are affected by prostate cancer. Around 1 in 6 men will get prostate cancer in their lifetime.
Your support is helping us to create a future where prostate cancer is no longer a killer, where side effects are minimal and where men are well informed and supported.
PCFA relies on the generosity of the community to carry out our essential work. Together we can achieve a great deal for men living with prostate cancer and improve the health outcomes for future generations.
The funds and awareness you raise are vital. Thank you again for making a difference.